I was lucky enough to receive a supply of Vida Glow to try out over the past few months. I received three flavours, Original, Mango and Blueberry.
What is Vida Glow?
Vida Glow is a natural marine collagen supplement, which comes in powder form, making it incredibly easy to stir into your favourite food or drink. Vida means life and with every sachet the aim is to empower you with a little extra “life glow”.
♦ What results did I see?
I loved the results of using Vida Glow! I am a huge believer that prevention is better than trying to reverse the effects of a process, particularly ageing. Obviously, I am not an expect in this area and only discuss my personal results when using products however, when I see positive change and results, I want to share it.
- Usually, my nails get to a certain length and then break. Over the last few weeks, I’ve noticed they have been so much stronger and the brittleness has seriously decreased.
- I now find myself painting my nails with clear nail polish to show them off and the natural white tips.
- I don’t have ‘bad skin’ but I have been prone to breakouts, oily patches particularly around my T-zone. This has also improved and I have found myself wearing BBCream rather than foundation as I don’t need the heavy coverage it provides.
- The main area of wrinkles visible prior to using Vida Glow have becoming slowly noticeable around my eyes. So, they have not disappeared, unfortunately, but the skin has tightened on my face leaving it smooth and firm.
- Like many females, I have experienced cellulite and I have also noticed firmness of my skin, particularly on my legs.
- Here in Australia, sun damage is a huge concern so Vida Glow is a fabulous product to help sun damaged skin to repair itself.
Until our mid-twenties, our bodies naturally produce collagen. As this production slows and eventually stops completely, we begin to see the effects of ageing. Vida Glow will also assist with dealing with daily stresses of toxins, late nights, poor diet, sun damage and harsh environments.
♦ What ingredients provide the results?
Vida Glow Marine Collagen is a fibrous protein extracted from the scales of Deep Sea Red Snapper, sustainably sourced from the Western Central Pacific Ocean waters of Australasia.
Marine collagen is usually derived from fish and can be extracted from the scale or skin; Vida Glow uses the scale as it is richer in nutrients and collagen protein.
Collagen is a protein that is vital to maintaining healthy muscles and connective tissues. Therefore your tendons, ligaments and cartilage greatly benefit from taking Vida Glow marine collagen, notably preserving joint and bone health and encouraging muscle toning and definition.
♦ How to use Vida Glow
Vida Glow collagen powders contain natural fruit flavours and come with the added goodness of vitamins for an extra dose of antioxidants. If you need some ideas how to use the sachets, Vida Glow enclose a card in each tub with ideas for using the sachets, I loved that feature. It blends well into foods such as porridge, yoghurt, soup, smoothies, shakes, juices or water and is heat stable.
Being a 100% natural product, the Original Vida Glow marine collagen contains no artificial flavours, colours, additives or preservatives. It is also free from wheat, gluten, allergens, soy, lactose, dairy, sugar, carbohydrates and fat.
The blueberry flavour was my favourite, I found it easy to drop into my water bottle and shake it up. During the summer, I drink a lot of water so this option was very easy.
When having a sachet with breakfast, I mixed the powder into yoghurt with some fresh fruit or into a smoothie. When combined in either other these options, I didn’t taste the powder so I used the natural flavour quite often.
Here’s my smoothie recipe.
- 1 sachet of Vida Glow
- 30g of Oats
- 1tspn of Chia Seeds
- 30g of Blueberries
- 30g of Strawberries
- 40ml of skimmed milk
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 6-8 ice cubes
♦ Where you can find it