If this post is the first indication that I am Irish…where have you been?
Here in Perth, things are a little different to St. Patrick’s Day at home in Ireland where it is a public holiday. We are lucky enough to have a parade in Perth, which was held as part of a fantastic event on Sunday 13th of March in Leederville.
Unfortunately, I don’t have the 17th of March off work so I decided to treat my work friends to some green, vanilla cupcakes.
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 160degrees (fan forced oven).
- In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking powder.
- In the bowl, lightly beat the eggs and add the sugar while beating.
- Add vanilla and softened butter and continue to beat until smooth.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and beat on a low speed.
- Add the milk and beat until just combined.
- The mixture should be light, fluffy and well combined.
- Fill muffin cases about 2/3 full.
- Bake cupcakes in pre-heated oven for 20-25minutes or until cooked when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes stand for 5minutes and then move to cool further on cooling on a wire rack.
- 180g of cream cheese
- 90g softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 cups of icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons of green food colouring
- Place the cream cheese, butter, food colouring and vanilla extract in a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add the icing sugar gradually and continue to beat.
Got a cupcake recipe to share?