This recipe was originally posted quite some time ago and it happens to be one of my most popular posts. I decided to republish it as I made the recipe again for Christmas. Enjoy!
Yes you read the title right…I made this Kinder Cheesecake. I wanted to make something chocolatey but not make a chocolate cake so this idea was perfect.
I am a HUGE fan of Kinder chocolate… so I decided to experiment.
A cheesecake is time consuming to make and lots of dishes to wash after but the end result is always worth it.
So here it is…
250g plain biscuits
80g melted butter
500g Cream Cheese
1/2 cup of sugar
125ml of thick cream
150g of Kinder chocolate
1. Process biscuits in food processor until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Add butter and process for another 10 seconds to combine.
2. Press biscuit crumbs into the base of a lightly greased pan and put in the fridge to set.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. This can be hard work but it needs to be smooth.
4. Melt the chocolate and add to the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream and mix until well combined.
5. Spoon mixture over crumb base and level top with a spatula.
As there is melted chocolate in the cheesecake, I found that it didn’t take as long as a regular cheesecake to set.
I melted 100g of dark chocolate and 50g of kinder chocolate. Using a spoon, I drizzled the chocolate over the top of the cheesecake. I spread the remainder on a flat tray which had been lined with baking paper. Ensure that the chocolate is not spread too thicky or too thinly. Put in the fridge to set.
When set, I broke the chocolate up into roughly shaped shards and placed them into the set cheesecake.
I also added some Kinder Bueno..you can’t have too much Kinder!
I hope you enjoy making and eating this as much as I did.
My cheesecake lasted two and a half days and remained fresh.
Thanks for reading! ♡