There’s nothing better than a chocolate brownie with a difference and that’s exactly what these Chai & Raspberry Brownies are!
I wrote this recipe on a piece of paper that is practically falling apart, it is that old! I modified it from a plain brownie recipe to make it gluten free and to include chai.
I was kindly gifted a beautiful Original Masala Blend Starter Box that helped me to create this recipe and it was so easy to use. To include the chai in my recipe, I infused 1/2 cup of milk with two heaped teaspoons of chai, strained and allowed it to cool.
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of Prana Chai infused milk, cooled
- 115g dark chocolate, chopped
- 80g coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup frozen raspberries, ensures they don’t dry out during baking
- 20g dark chocolate, chopped roughly
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a 9” x 9” square baking tin with baking paper.
- Combine almond meal and cocoa.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth and shiny.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sugar until it has dissolved.
- Set chocolate mixture aside for 10minutes to cool slightly.
- Add eggs, chai infused milk and vanilla and beat through slowly.
- Gently fold dry mixture into chocolate mixture, do not over mix.
- Add remainder of chocolate and raspberries
- Pour batter into prepared baking tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove and cool in pan for 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Thank you so much to Prana Chai for gifting me this beautiful starter box to help me create this recipe and these yummy gluten free brownies!