Do you ever have a craving for a particular ingredient or flavour? I’ve become a bit obsessed with Reece Cups lately so I needed to make my own healthy alternative….here it is! I call it my ‘Healthy Peanut Butter Slice’.
(double these ingredients for a top & bottom layer like mine)
• 1 cup dark chocolate
• 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
Peanut Butter Layer
• 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
• pinch of sea salt
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
1. To make the chocolate layer, melt chocolate and coconut oil for 1 minute in the microwave, stir. Continue on 30 second intervals until smooth.
2. Pour into a lined 20 x 20 pan and allow to set.
3. In another bowl, microwave peanut butter, honey, coconut oil and sea salt for about 15-20 seconds or until slightly melted and easy to pour, stir.
5. Pour peanut butter mixture evenly over the chocolate base. Place back in the freezer for 5minutes to set.
6. If making a top layer, repeat step one and cover the peanut butter layer once set for at least 1 hour.
IF there are leftovers, store in the fridge as the middle layer softens at room temperature.