This is my type of delivery!
I have been a daily user of Bio-Oil for years now. I first picked it up to help a scar heal when I was about 22years old and I have continued to use it ever since.
Unfortunately for me, my skin does not heal like the average person. My scars are usually keloid, meaning the skin rises above the rest of my skin and does not regress completely. The Bio-Oil really helped to reduce the pinkness and hardness of the skin so it certainly helped a little.
Why Do I Use Bio-Oil?
- Even though the Bio-Oil did not rid me of my scar, it certainly helped reduce the pinkness and roughness of the scar.
- I enjoy the general benefits of the oil such as evening my skin tone, especially during the summer!
- I also use it down my shins when I wear a dress or shorts, it really makes you legs look toned and cared for.
- I find it extremely mosturising and try to apply it all over 5-6 times a week, especially after a shower. It is excellent for dry skin which I get from time to time over the colder months, particularly around my t-zone.
- I enjoy the smell of Bio-Oil which is thanks to the lavender, rosemary and chamomile ingredients included in it.
- I don’t find it greasy or heavy on my skin.
I have tried other body oils and found some other brands a little greasy and they took quite some time to dry in. Other oils didn’t moisturise my skin as much as I had hoped and some just didn’t smell nice. Bio-Oil ticks all of these boxes for me personally.
What Are The Benefits?
Bio‑Oil is clinically proven to help improve the appearance of new or old scars, whether from surgery, accidents, burns, insect bites, scratches or conditions such as acne or chickenpox. Although younger scars will have a greater chance of improvement, studies have shown that older scars also benefit from regular use of Bio-Oil.
According to Bio-Oil Health, the benefits include:
- Helps improve the appearance of new and old scars
- Helps reduce the possibility of stretch marks forming during teenage growth spurts, pregnancy, and periods of rapid weight gain
- Helps improve the appearance of existing stretch marks
- Helps improve the appearance of pigmentation marks and blemishes caused by hormonal fluctuations, skin lighteners or excessive sun exposure
- Helps smooth and tone aging and wrinkled skin
- Helps supplement the skin’s natural oils which can be stripped away by extreme weather, frequent bathing and the drying effects of central heating and air conditioning
Where Can I Buy Bio-Oil?
Here in Australia, there is a Priceline close by, no matter where you are! To get yours, pop into the store or order online. There are three great sizes. I usually only buy the 200ml to use at home as it is great value for money. I use the 60ml for travelling as it is a perfect size and has a screw on lid meaning no spillage in my suitcase.
After reading this, if you still are not sure about whether you would like this oil, why not try out the 60ml size and see what you think. I am I huge believer in trying out the pocket size version of products to see if I like it before investing.
Value For Money?
To be honest, $34.99 does sound like a lot for a skincare product that you will use all over your body a few times per week. Your first thought was probably that you won’t be long finishing the bottle but you will be surprised by how long it lasts. Check out the prices below.
Bio Oil – $34.99
Bio Oil – $24.99
Bio Oil Regular Price: $14.99/ Special Price $11.99
Bio-Oil certainly delivers on it’s promises and I am delighted I got the opportunity to share a product that I love to use!
Have You Used Bio-Oil? What Is Your Skin Story?
*This post was created in collaboration with Bio-Oil